Monday, January 15, 2007

Here's life.

So, life's been fun recently. I finished one semester of college. I've kept the car I bought a few months back. I'm getting ready to go on a mission. I'm working at a new job. I'm going to use a few more words in each of my sentences this year. I think.
But really, I've been having so much fun here at college. I always figured it'd be nice to learn more about life, but I never quite realized how much I'd learn about myself. I'm glad I moved out, because even though I really loved living with Dad and Mom, I needed to get out to learn a lot of what I have.
Here are a few things that I have learned:
That I can cook - not spectacularly, but enough that I eat non-ramen and non-cereal foods on a daily basis
I've learned that I remembered and cared a lot more about how clean my living space is than I thought I had.
I've learned to amuse myself without spending money on things like bowling. Instead, I walk, I ride my bike, I work out, or I swim. All of those are free, so why not?
Lastly, I've gotten a lot more involved in the Church since I've been here. It's been really nice to be in a ward with people who are mostly my peers, and where the activities are geared towards people like me.

I don't know that I'll be blogging any more frequently in these coming months, but we'll see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

College is fun. Pre-mission college especially has a way of being extremely memorable. Keep having fun.

January 22, 2007 4:20 AM

 
Blogger Cora said...

Enjoyed the update! Hope you find time to blog again soon. Cooking can be fun so I'll have to send you some recipes soon if you'd like.

January 26, 2007 7:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home