Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bad news from Saab-land

Well, as I was driving yesterday, I hit a bump I hadn't seen coming. Nothing too bad, just a little jarring, I thought. Later, it started clunking just as the gear engaged. I called Matt, my mechanic, and he said it'd probably not be a problem, and that I could drive on it. Today, as I was driving to St. George, I heard what sounded like a chunk of ice hit underneath my car, and I suddenly had a little less control over the steering than usual. No biggie, I thought, just a flat tire. So I pulled over, walked around the car, and all my tires were fine. Okay, nothing too bad, just a little ice. So I go to pull back onto the freeway, and I realize that my car won't go into gear. At all. Conclusion: I got towed, and now I'm waiting for word on what's going to happen. Phooey.

Edit: I took it to a mechanic in St. George, and it turns out that my axle's broken, not my transmission or clutch. Therefore, it will cost me much much less to have it repaired. Yay!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sport Mode said...

Hold on there, 900SE. Soon you'll be up to snuff again.

I'm surprised at the longevity of your car, considering your aggressive driving habits. ;)

March 02, 2007 12:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home